Storms and flash flooding

The Danish Storm Council has announced storm surges in multiple locations throughout Denmark. If you reside in one of the affected areas, you can find information on applying for compensation here.

Flood: how to seek compensation
Residents of specific geographical areas can now apply for compensation due to damage caused by flooding.These areas include the east coast of Jutland from Gåsehage south of Ebeltoft to the old Little Belt Bridge, the north coast of Funen from the old Little Belt Bridge over Bogense, Odense, Kerteminde, and Nyborg to Åbyskov northeast of Svendborg, Zealand's northwest coast from Skælskør near Tudsehage over Korsør, Kalundborg, and Zealand Odde to Korshage north of Rørvig, and the north coasts of Lolland and Falster from Tårs ferry port over Bandholm, Guldborgsund Bridge, and to Farø Bridge.The storm causing the flooding was a 50-year event on the north coast of Funen and a 20-year event for the rest of the affected areas.

File a claim

Those who experienced damage to their buildings or contents due to the flooding can apply for compensation through Tryg's claims department at 7033 2525 or by reporting damage onlineYou must file a claim latest by December 31, 2017.

Read more:


Building Insurance

Learn about the essential coverage aspects of IDA Forsikring's Building Insurance through an overview.

Read more and buy

Questions and answers

Get help with your Building Insurance

Find answers to commonly asked questions about IDA Forsikring's Building Insurance, including coverage and additional options.

Read more


Call or write to IDA Forsikring

Would you like to request for insurance or have any questions?

Contact us