Get veterinary assessment - without leaving your home
Access to Veterinary Hotline is now included in Tryg's Dog and Cat Insurance, with an app providing a video consultation with a vet, if you have doubts about whether your furry child needs to visit the vet or not.
The veterinarian hotline is offered in collaboration with Tryg and provides the opportunity to get in touch with a veterinarian 09:00 to 24:00 all weekdays and holidays - without insurance excess and without the need to attend. The veterinarian can advise, consult and eventually request your presence in a direct consult if necessary.
All of it takes place in the Firstvet app, where you can create a profile and book a consultation online free of charge. The consultation is completely free if you have illness and accident as optional cover in your dog or cat insurance.
Getting started guide:
- Download the Firstvet app on Google Play or the App Store
- Register yourself and your dog or cat
- Select Tryg as insurance company
Once you have registered yourself and your pet, you can book consultations online for free but only concerning illness and accident.
This is how it works:
- After booking an e-consultation with the Veterinary Hotline, you can carry out a live video consultation with a veterinarian via tablet or PC.
- In doing so, you do not have to take your pet out into a new environment, where it may get stressed out and anxious.
- The consultation takes place in much the same way as a live version, where you can explain the health condition of your pet, and the vet provides immediate, personalized and expert answers to your concerns.
When is the Veterinary Hotline open?
The Veterinary Hotline is available every day between 09:00 and 24:00, including weekends and holidays.
The Veterinary Hotline can help you with:
Vomiting and diarrhea
Assessing when your pet simply has a bad stomach and when it really needs to get examined by a vet.
|Irritation and itching||The hotline can help assess whether a skin disorder should be analyzed or just treated at home with over-the- counter drugs without prescription.|
|Ears and eyes||Running eyes or suddenly itching ears in dogs is part of having a pet. Get advice on how to help and treat your dog or cat.|
|Poisoning||If your pet consumed something it can't digest. At the Veterinarian Hotline you can ask how serious this is for the pet, in what amounts and when you should seek urgent veterinary attention.|
Injuries and accidents
Your dog got a cut in its paw or your cat got a wound after a night out. Often you can treat minor scratches and injuries yourself, and the Veterinary Hotline can guide you to help your pet get well soon.
Important to know
- The hotline should not replace a real live consultation, but it is a great opportunity to assess whether your dog or cat needs to visit the vet.
- Firstvet consultation is free if your dog or cat is covered by our optional cover Illness and Accident.
- The consultation cannot be used for other types of inquiries such as behavior, worm remedies etc. But if you wish, you can buy these consultations in the same app.
- It is also a great way of preventing serious injuries and health conditions because you get a professional assessment of whether your pet needs to be examined by a vet early as soon as possible. It can save you money in the long run and give the maximum possible comfort to your pet.