Fire damage covers several scenarios where your holiday home is damaged. Your holiday home can be covered in case of:
- Direct lightning
- Soot and smoke damage: e.g. candles and cooking
- Damage to electrical wiring or installations
Storm damage etc.
It covers the following weather damage among other things:
- Frost burst in pipes and installations where the building or the room has been sufficiently heated beforehand.
- Extreme thaw or rainfalls resulting in flooding. Consequent water damage from thaw and precipitation are also covered when the water cannot get needed drainage and porous building materials absorbed a large amount of water.
- Storm damage to buildings. This only applies if the affected building is on a brick wall or concrete foundation. Planks, fences and masonry fences are covered in the same way, or if they are built on pressure-impregnated posts.
Your holiday home is also covered by sudden injuries as a result of:
- Damage to the construction from fallen trees or lamp posts, or if a car drives off the road and crashes into your holiday home.
- Break-ins and vandalism.
- Sudden pouring of water, oil, coolant liquid and steam (for example from aquariums and domestic appliances).
Glass and sanitary ware
It covers cracks, peeling or scratching on glass or sanitary ware. The following glass and sanitation are covered, for example:
- Windows and doors
- Cooking hobs and oven doors
- Kitchen and bathroom sinks
- Toilet bowl, bidet and cistern
This is about financial protection. The liability coverage as homeowner provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others for which you are legally responsible. Personal injuries are covered by up to DKK 10 million per claim, while items and animals are covered by up to DKK 2 million per claim.
You are covered if a dispute erupts in connection with, for example, construction at home and purchase or sale of property.
Electric Lines Damage
This option covers the following building parts when they belong to you and you are required to maintain.
- Leaks in hidden lines
- Fault in hidden power cables
In addition, you are protected against adverse effects following those mentioned above, as well as the expenses that may be related to the search or localization of the leakage once agreed with us.
You can only choose this option when you have also selected basic coverage at the same time.
Hidden Pipes and Cable Damage
Hidden pipes in the building are covered when these are your responsibility. It can be for water, heat, gas, oil, drains, swimming pools and hidden power cables for heating rooms.
Your house is protected against damage caused by e.g.:
- Leaks in hidden pipe installations
- Fault in hidden electrical cables used for room heating
In addition, you are protected against adverse effects following those mentioned above, as well as the expenses that may be related to the search or localization of the leakage.
Hidden pipes and cables are defined as installations that you do not have direct access to - for instance, behind concrete embedded or hidden installations in walls or floors.
This option cover can only be taken out along Basic Coverage and Electric Lines Damage.
Insects and Rot Fungus
Your holiday home is protected against insect and fungal damage with this option. It includes constructions incl. fixed installations such as the building itself, garage, carport, utility shed and other smaller buildings.
However, in order to be covered, it is a requirement that the buildings are built on a bricked or concrete base.
You can only take out this option when you have also selected basic coverage at the same time.
This covers damage to wood caused by fungus and / or bacteria that destroys the tree and is important for its bearing and functional ability.
Please note that the insurance does not cover surface rot that occurs in wood exposed to high humidity. This is the reason why the insurance does not cover the building's external wooden constructions such as rafter claddings, side beams and uncovered rafters.
This optional covering can be selected only when you have taken out basic coverage along Insect and rot fungus.
Home Contents for holiday home
This option ensures belongings that are usually perceived as items for a holiday home. Ordinary private belongings may be:
- Inventory such as furniture and kitchen accessories.
- Small boats up to 5.5 meters incl. equipment such as an outboard motor up to 6 horsepower.
- Canoes, kayaks, and wind and kite surfers.
You are also covered for special private belongings, for example:
- Paintings, antiques, genuine carpets.
- Binoculars, musical instruments, weapons and ammunition.
- Electronic equipment such as radio, TV, computer, video camera, tablets and game console.
You can only take out this option when you have also selected Fire Damage.
Take out this option and secure all your electrical appliances in your holiday home. You are covered by sudden damage and malfunction for up to four years from the date of purchase.
Your electronic accessories are still covered after the four years, but then the compensation is calculated according to a depreciation of the market price for a similar product. Note that there is always a special excess of DKK 1,000 per claim on each individual item.
You can only take out this option when you have also selected Fire and Home Contents for Holiday Home.
If you rent out your holiday home, it is nice to know that you can get help if your guest accidentally breaks personal items. The rental coverage option also helps you if theft or vandalism is committed when you rent out your holiday home.
Please note that if you rent your holiday home out privately, you need to sign a leasing contract with your guest, demanding a deposit in order to secure compensation for any damage or theft and vandalism.