Accident insurance

IDA’s Accident insurance is tailor-made for your lifestyle and aims to alleviate any daily effects from sustained injuries. 

Do you want to be covered in your leisure time or around the clock?

Before you buy insurance, you should decide whether you want to be covered around the clock or whether you mostly need insurance during your leisure time. If your work involves hazardous or dangerous tasks, and you are not insured by your employer, we recommend that you take out full-time Accident insurance. Leisure Accident insurance is for people who want extra peace of mind when they have time off.

The insurance covers

Accident insurance

The insurance covers you if you are injured and will be left with a permanent disability. In order to receive compensation, the degree of permanent disability must be at least 5%.

The insurance covers in case of death resulting from an accident. It's usually your closest relatives who receive the compensation, but you can choose who should be the beneficiary.


Dental injury after an accident is covered by the insurance.

If you buy Accident insurance, your expenses for treatment after an accident will be covered.

If you have an Accident resulting in permanent physical impairment of 30% or more, you will be entitled to receive double compensation. For example, if you have selected an insurance sum for disability of DKK 1,250,000 and you have a disability of 30%, you will receive DKK 750,000 in compensation through the Accident insurance (2 x 30% of DKK 1,250,000).

If you have chosen to have full-time Accident insurance, and you are e.g. a doctor, nurse or laboratory technician, you can choose to supplement with infection coverage. This covers all types of infections that may arise in connection with your work.


You can choose to extend your insurance so that you receive higher coverage if you have certain body parts amputated.


If you are already deaf or have severe hearing impairment in one ear or are blind or have significantly reduced sight in one eye, you can choose to supplement the Accident insurance with sight/hearing cover. In the event of an accident, where you lose your hearing or sight in your healthy ear or eye, you will receive a higher compensation than you would otherwise have received.


This option provides you with maximum compensation in case of a motorcycle accident.


If you engage in a dangerous sport like boxing, self-defence, mountaineering, skydiving or motor racing, it is a very good idea to choose dangerous sport as additional cover. Without coverage, you will not receive compensation if you have an accident in connection with a dangerous sport.


The form is indicative and is an extract from the insurance terms and conditions. Any compensation will be calculated according to the rules in the insurance terms and conditions.

Full-time Accident insurance

Full-time Accident insurance covers you 24 hours a day. The size of your premium will depend on how dangerous your work is. We recommend you take out this insurance when:

  • as an employee, you are not adequately insured during working hours
  • you want a financial supplement to the statutory workers’ compensation insurance
  • you have a job, where it can be difficult to distinguish between working hours and leisure

Are you self-employed, a student or home-maker? Then you can only take out full-time insurance.

Leisure Accident insurance

A leisure Accident insurance policy covers you when you are not at work. The insurance also covers accidents that happen on the way to or from work, as long as you are not covered by workers' compensation insurance. We recommend you take out this insurance when:

  • you do not have a job, where you are exposed to hazardous and dangerous tasks
  • you want to have a financial safety net that helps you in the event that you are suddenly injured
  • you are covered by the statutory occupational injury insurance, but you want extra security during your leisure hours

You must be employed and have at least 25 working hours per week to take out leisure Accident insurance.

Children’s Accident insurance

Your child can be co-insured on your Accident insurance, and it is free until the child is one-year-old.

  • All you have to do is contact us and give us your child's name and social security number.
  • When the child reaches one year of age, you must take out a separate children's Accident insurance.
  • The children’s Accident insurance is valid 24 hours a day, so that the child is also covered while in day-care.


Accident insurance is personal and therefore covers only the person who has taken out the insurance policy. If you live with a partner, spouse or children, they can also take out accident insurance with us. If you live with a friend or in a cooperative with people who are not members of IDA, we cannot insure them.

Has your question been answered?

If you have an accident that is covered by the insurance, the compensation is calculated based on the permanent disability table. Read more at

Has your question been answered?

There are many injuries that can result in a permanent disability of 5%. This could be e.g. sports injuries, injuries in traffic and tripping injury. These injuries are typically straining of the back, neck, elbow, ankle or knee, or a fractured wrist, elbow, ankle joint or knee.

Has your question been answered?

Accident insurance covers death due to an accident, but not illness. If you want to be covered in case of illness, we recommend you to take out life insurance/Group life insurance.

Has your question been answered?