IDA’s Accident insurance is tailor-made for your lifestyle and aims to alleviate any daily effects from sustained injuries.
Do you want to be covered in your leisure time or around the clock?
Before you buy insurance, you should decide whether you want to be covered around the clock or whether you mostly need insurance during your leisure time. If your work involves hazardous or dangerous tasks, and you are not insured by your employer, we recommend that you take out full-time Accident insurance. Leisure Accident insurance is for people who want extra peace of mind when they have time off.
The insurance covers
Full-time Accident insurance
Full-time Accident insurance covers you 24 hours a day. The size of your premium will depend on how dangerous your work is. We recommend you take out this insurance when:
- as an employee, you are not adequately insured during working hours
- you want a financial supplement to the statutory workers’ compensation insurance
- you have a job, where it can be difficult to distinguish between working hours and leisure
Are you self-employed, a student or home-maker? Then you can only take out full-time insurance.
Leisure Accident insurance
A leisure Accident insurance policy covers you when you are not at work. The insurance also covers accidents that happen on the way to or from work, as long as you are not covered by workers' compensation insurance. We recommend you take out this insurance when:
- you do not have a job, where you are exposed to hazardous and dangerous tasks
- you want to have a financial safety net that helps you in the event that you are suddenly injured
- you are covered by the statutory occupational injury insurance, but you want extra security during your leisure hours
You must be employed and have at least 25 working hours per week to take out leisure Accident insurance.
Children’s Accident insurance
Your child can be co-insured on your Accident insurance, and it is free until the child is one-year-old.
- All you have to do is contact us and give us your child's name and social security number.
- When the child reaches one year of age, you must take out a separate children's Accident insurance.
- The children’s Accident insurance is valid 24 hours a day, so that the child is also covered while in day-care.
Who is covered?
Accident insurance is personal and therefore covers only the person who has taken out the insurance policy. If you live with a partner, spouse or children, they can also take out accident insurance with us. If you live with a friend or in a cooperative with people who are not members of IDA, we cannot insure them.
How is the compensation calculated?
If you have an accident that is covered by the insurance, the compensation is calculated based on the permanent disability table. Read more at aes.dk.