IDA’s Accident insurance is tailor-made for your lifestyle and aims to alleviate any daily effects from sustained injuries.
Before you buy insurance, you should decide whether you want to be covered around the clock or whether you mostly need insurance during your leisure time. If your work involves hazardous or dangerous tasks, and you are not insured by your employer, we recommend that you take out full-time Accident insurance. Leisure Accident insurance is for people who want extra peace of mind when they have time off.
You receive economic compensation in case of injury.
Injuries on skiing holidays
Your skiing holiday's injuries are covered when you take out accident insurance.
Expenses for treatment
The insurance covers expenses for treatment - for instance, chiropractor and physical therapist.
The insurance covers
Who is covered?
Accident insurance is personal and generally only covers the person who has taken out the insurance (the policy holder).
However, your partner, spouse and/or any children living at home over 18 years old can also take out insurance – even if YOU don’t have accident insurance. If you buy insurance through our online insurance calculator, please remember to add the people you want to insure.
What should I choose? Full-time or leisure accident insurance?
The answer depends on your situation and needs. Read on to clarify which insurance is most suitable for you.
Full-time Accident insurance
Full-time Accident insurance covers you 24 hours a day. The size of your premium will depend on how dangerous your work is. We recommend you take out this insurance when:
- as an employee, you are not adequately insured during working hours.
- you want a financial supplement to the statutory workers’ compensation insurance.
- you have a job, where it can be difficult to distinguish between working hours and leisure.
- Are you self-employed, a student or home-maker? Then you can only take out full-time insurance.
Leisure Accident insurance
A leisure Accident insurance policy covers you when you are not at work. The insurance also covers accidents that happen on the way to or from work, as long as you are not covered by workers' compensation insurance. We recommend you take out this insurance when:
- you do not have a job, where you are exposed to hazardous and dangerous tasks.
- you want to have a financial safety net that helps you in the event that you are suddenly injured.
- you are covered by the statutory occupational injury insurance, but you want extra security during your leisure hours.
You must be employed and have at least 25 working hours per week to take out leisure Accident insurance.
How is the compensation calculated?
If you have an accident that is covered by the insurance, the compensation is calculated based on the permanent disability table. Read more at aes.dk.