Guide: How to switch to IDA Forsikring
It is easy to change insurance companies. We are happy to cancel your current insurance policies for you when you switch to us.
1 - Calculate your insurance premium
- Start by evaluating which insurance coverage you need: For this, you can use our guide to needs assessment.
- Insurance can be assembled in many ways to meet your personal and every family member’s needs. Therefore, you should start by calculating your insurance premium via our online insurance calculator
- The calculator generates an insurance quote, which you can choose to accept or reject.
2 - Taking out and changing insurance companies
- The buying process begins when you wish to accept the insurance quote. Here you will need to provide some information about yourself and eventually your spouse or partner.
- You need to select 'Switch companies' during the buying process to switch from another insurance provider to IDA Forsikring. We will then proceed and terminate your current insurance in the other company for you. To do so, you need to provide the name of that company, policy numbers and choose when you want to terminate them. You can read more about this here.
- Short termination: Termination of your current insurance policies with 30 days notice to the first of the coming month after the 30 days passed and with a fee.
- Renewal date: Termination of your current insurance per renewal day, i.e. expiring date. We recommend that you choose this option if you have had your insurance policies for less than 12 months.
- To complete the purchase of your new insurance, you need to sign and accept your quote with your NemID. If the insurance policy is for your spouse, partner or an adult child living at home, then they need to sign and accept the quote with their NemID.